Monday, September 10, 2012

Menu Plan 9/9/12


We've been so busy lately that I've spent more time staring into the freezer than actually preparing meals. Maybe it's because I've been furiously canning like a crazed lunatic, afraid the pantry police will find my cupboards half empty and issue a citation for being a bad winter prepper. Or maybe it's because I'm as sleep deprived as a new mother, even though I'm not the one having to do the middle of the night (or afternoon) feedings. (Because I'm canning. I'm even dreaming of tropical vacations where the canner comes with the room. And the hotel supplies complimentary jars. Which are located right next to the fruit bowl. Is it winter yet?)

Making sure that Maggie Moo was getting her colostrum. She couldn't seem to locate the feeding end of her mama.
Or maybe it's because there are 13 mouths to feed and every recipe has to be tripled now. Which means that I have to pull out my less than stellar math skills and do some figurin' before anyone can count on dinner. I'm so bad at figurin' that my fall-back meal last week was grilled hamburgers. And since I didn't have enough time to grill them all the way through, I called it steak tar tar and served dinner on glass plates instead of paper.
 
I need a vacation.
 
Without complimentary canners and jars. 
 
Now that the canning season is coming to an end, everyone has settled in, and Maggie Moo has figured out which end to nurse from, maybe, just maybe, we can get back to normal around here.
 
Just as soon as I figure out what normal really looks like.☺

Here's what's cookin' this week...

~Sunday~
cereal
leftovers
Macaroni & Cheese, deer steak, corn on the cob
 
~Monday~
cereal
P.B. & J's, gf pretzels, apples
Venison Stew, gf Hearty Whole Grain Bread (Thank you Susan & Bob's Redmill!!)
 
~Tuesday~
gf Zucchini Bread, Kefir Fruit Smoothies
Layered bean dip (beans, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, olives, salsa, sour cream), tortillas, apples
Cheesy Polenta, Salmon Patties, baked acorn squash
 
~Wednesday~
Simple Soaked Oatmeal with peaches
tuna wraps, apples
Teriyaki Chicken, jasmine rice, Coleslaw (new)
 
~Thursday~
Keifer Fruit Smoothies, popcorn
Taco Salad
 
~Friday~
egg salad sandwiches, fruit
 Chicken Satay Noodle Salad (I'm using almond butter/nuts and brown rice noodles), Broccoli Salad
 
~Saturday~
Ham & Swiss Omelette's
hot dogs (over the fire), lacto-fermented sauerkraut, S'mores
grilled hamburgers, Salmon Dip (I'll share the recipe this week!), chips 

This post is linked to Menu Mondays at Organized Junkie.

4 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I'll be over each and every evening for supper....they all sound so good!

Kim said...

You would be welcome anytime!

Mama Pea said...

I love that your menus contain "real" food. They look a lot like ours, except with only the two of us, the amounts are much, much less!

Candy C. said...

Silly Maggie Moo! :)
I hope things settle down and get back to "normal" for you soon! (Yeah, right, like THAT'S gonna happen!)