Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bribery Frosting


So, remember these little beauties? These are what my offspring deemed Christmas light worthy.

Let me just say right now that I cannot be held responsible for anything I might do while under the influence of chocolate and peanut butter.

I might do something stupid. Something like agree to hang Christmas lights while my Mister lies on his recliner acting sick. Never mind that he's about to hack up a lung, or that his voice sounds like a middle-of-the-night crank caller. Forget that he's feverish, staring into space with glassy eyes, and muttering incoherently.

The big baby.

He just doesn't want to hang Christmas lights.

But our children know how to make things happen. They look for weaknesses. Then they plan their full-on assault. With cupcakes.

It makes a momma down-right weak in the knees, especially since they made up this recipe on their own.

I just hope I didn't agree to anything more than the lights.☺

~The Players~

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup creamy peanut butter (Skippy or Jif~not Adams)
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup half & half
2 cups powdered sugar

In a mixing bowl, mix butter and peanut butter until smooth. With mixer running on low speed, add cream cheese, scraping the bowl as needed. Add powdered sugar and half & half and mix until smooth. Spread on cooled cupcakes or cake.

Makes enough to generously frost 24 cupcakes.

Enjoy! 

*I don't usually recommend Skippy or Jif "peanut butter" for anything, but in frosting it works better than the natural brands. Unless you like your frosting sliding off the cupcake into a puddle on the counter, use the other stuff. Trust me.☺

3 comments:

Amy Dingmann said...

Like you, I would do anything for a little chocolate and peanut butter. And since today is take-a-break-from-painting-and-bake-instead day, I think you can be assured these will be on the list. But I don't think any will last long enough to be a treat for the next painting day. :)

Those little buggers made the recipe up? You've got some smarties there!

momma-lana said...

I think that nasty bug has spread to the entire country now! My hubby had it 5 weeks ago and is still coughing :( I hope the rest of you stay well and your hubby is better soon! But seriously--I was unable to eat peanuts for 18 years and I can eat them again so I will surely be making this!

Candy C. said...

What a good job they did coming up with the frosting recipe!
Hope your hubby is feeling better soon and no-one else gets sick!