Sunday, August 14, 2011

Meal Plan for 8/14/11


They say "honest is the best policy", so here goes...

I have writer's block.

That's not entirely true as that insinuates that I'm a writer, which I'm not. So let me rephrase that.

I have blogger's block.

Blame it on the full moon of last week.

Blame it on the fact that my youngest son went to town without any underwear on. Twice.

Blame it on my middle son being stung by a hive of very irritated yellow jackets who didn't care for his weed-eating job.

Blame it on our multiple trips to Costco because we couldn't make up our minds.

Blame it on our trip to the recycling center where we discovered our eldest son is spending hundreds of dollars keeping Red Bull in business.

Blame it on our guinea fowl who start squawking every time a leaf blows, but watch in awe when a coyote takes off with another chicken.

Blame it on our daughter Heather, who tomorrow turns 15.

Whatever you do, just don't blame it on me.

I'm feeling a little hormonal this week.

Here's what's cookin'...

~Sunday~
cereal
Salmon fish & chips (sweet potato fries), Zucchini Fritters

~Monday~
English muffin breakfast sandwich (with poached egg, crispy bacon, raw cheese)
Chicken Tortilla Soup, Homemade Tortilla Chips or grilled hamburgers (depends on the weather!)

~Tuesday~
Salmon Patties, roasted potatoes, Swiss chard

~Wednesday~
Chicken Quesadillas on Sourdough Tortillas (carried from last week), Mango Black Bean Salad

~Thursday~
Macaroni & Cheese (still new!), elk steak, Broccoli Salad

~Friday~
English muffin breakfast sandwich (same as Monday)
Swedish Meatballs (new), mashed potatoes, Swiss chard

~Saturday~
Scrambled eggs & deer sausage
Baked Chili (new), Kim's Kornbread

~Sunday~
cereal, Zucchini Bread
Chile Rellenos Casserole, corn tortillas, steamed broccoli
We'll also be trying Zucchini Cobbler from Gina at At Home My Way. I currently have 11 zucchini taking up residence on my counter. Gina promises me that it tastes just like apple cobbler, so I'm going to put on my big girl panties and give it a try. The recipe isn't on her site, but is in my comment section under Zucchini Fritters, if you're feeling adventurous. I'll let you know how it goes!

This post is linked to Menu Mondays.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hey Kim! I was so thrilled to see that you'll be trying the zucchini cobbler recipe. I went ahead and posted it on my blog so that anyone who is adventurous enough can also try this recipe! Let me know how you like it. I hope you have some vanilla icecream handy. I love mine ALA MODE!