Monday, August 1, 2011

Meal Plan 7/31/2011


I wish I could share with you some highlights of last week's meal plan, but there aren't any. Unless of course you count the very nutritious, nourishing bone broth that was consumed by the gallon, there wasn't a lot of eating going on here.

Except in words.

You know the saying, "Hindsight is 20/20?" I had just been bragging, which is always a set-up for failure, about how I hadn't been sick in almost 2 years. I kid you not, the very next day I was down. I can only wonder if it was my own words that came back to challenge me. While I pondered on that, something else happened.

My Mister bragged too.

The official count of confirmed strep cases in our home is at 5. And 5 is where it will stand. Because from here on out, boasting about health is forbidden under this roof.

Just in case that's what started it all.☺

Here's what's cookin' this week...

~Sunday~
Polenta w/ marinara sauce, Zucchini Fries (new), grilled ham roast

~Monday~
Scrambled eggs, Zucchini Bread
Egg salad lettuce wraps, grapes, baked crackers
Grilled burgers, Zucchini Fries

~Tuesday~
Tacos (early dinner)

~Wednesday~
Salmon Salad Sandwiches, sliced apples
Fried deer steak, potato salad, garden salad w/ Ranch dressing

~Thursday~
Omelette's w/ red peppers, onions, Swiss cheese
Pita pockets with provolone, avocado, sprouts, & honey mustard
Kabobs w/ shrimp, pineapple, red peppers & onions, brown rice, sauteed Swiss chard

~Friday~
Layered bean dip w/ organic tortillas
Grilled Barbecue Chicken Pizza, Homemade Ice Cream (I'll use this as the base, but probably add fresh marionberries!)

~Saturday~
Poached eggs over toast
Chicken Enchiladas, garden salad w/ Ranch dressing

~Sunday~
Granola
Simple Supper (leftovers or picking up something on the way home from church)


For more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Monday at Organizing Junkie.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh no! I hope your household is feeling better soon. Maybe the wonderful meals you have planned for the week will help. :)