Sunday, April 10, 2011

Meal Plan for 4/11/11


Before I share this week's menu, I thought I'd share some highlights from last week.


 Chili with Lime Cream~AWESOME!

And the Vietnamese Beef Soup, Taco Pie, and Southwestern Cobb Salad?  NEVER HAPPENED.

We had a little bit of a bump in the road last week that prevented me from going to town.


Due to a rather unfortunate mudslide on the highway leading to town, I was unable to make it to the store. Somehow, sending my sick hubby over the logging roads on a 4-wheeler to retrieve lettuce, tomatoes and bean sprouts, seemed a rather cruel and unusual punishment, if not a little extravagant.

The truth is, I rather enjoyed being stuck at home. The slide gave us an opportunity to put our survival skills to work. It allowed us the chance to prioritize our needs in the event of an actual disaster. It showed us our strengths and weaknesses. The slide gave us a reason to improve and build upon what we've already started.

In the state of Washington, April is Emergency Preparedness Month. The slide was a good reminder for us to prepare for the unexpected. It also reminded us that it's okay to keep things simple.

Here's what's on the menu this week...

~Monday~
Kefir smoothies, GF Cranberry/Orange Muffins
Vietnamese Beef Soup (with beans I sprouted myself!)

~Tuesday~
PW Cinnamon Rolls (not gluten-free, but well worth it!)
Chicken Tortilla Soup, GF Cornbread (new)

~Wednesday~
Cheese & Chive Omelette's
Cincinnati Chili (using gluten-free noodles)

~Thursday~
Peach Kuchen (trying it with GF baking mix)
Beef Pot Roast, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans

~Friday~
Scrambled eggs w/ bacon
Taco Pie, coleslaw

~Saturday~
GF Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, coconut milk smoothies
Chicken Spaghetti (new), canned fruit salad

~Sunday~
Granola & yogurt

I will also be making Peanut Butter Dog Treats, Chocolate Waffle Cookies (I'll share the recipe!), and some homemade Caramel Corn. With rain in the forecast and a mudslide in the process of being cleaned up, I'm looking forward to a little homemade R&R.

For more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Mondays at Organizing Junkie.






No comments: