Sunday, February 20, 2011

Meal Plan for 2/21/11


Last week's menu plan was such a hit around my house that I wanted to copy and paste it to this week's menu plan. 

According to my children, that would be cheating. 

But they encouraged me to do it anyway.

Since it is my job to be the morally responsible female role model, I decided that I would be a big girl and come up with a new plan for this week. 

Sometimes I just hate being an adult.

One of the highlights of the week was Monday night's dinner. Black Bean Burgers, Corn Salsa, Caesar salad and Tiramisu was our anniversary meal and can I just say, YUM! The Tiramisu was a recipe I found on the Williams-Sonoma website. I had to modify it into a trifle because I didn't have a dish that would accommodate it, but it turned out to be a fantastic surprise. I'll be sharing the recipes for the Black Bean Burgers and Corn Salsa later this week, so stay tuned!

Since I can't duplicate last week, here's what's cooking this week...

~Sunday~
Banana Bread (recipe later this week)
Toe-Warmin' Chili, Kim's Kornbread

~Monday~
Simple Soaked Oatmeal, Banana Bread
Leftover Chili, cornbread (ended up with only 2 kids at home on Sunday~lots of leftovers!)

~Tuesday~
German Apple Pancakes (new)
Mashed potatoes, fried deer steak, gravy, Caesar Salad

~Wednesday~
Eggs Benedict (new)
Polenta, Chicken/Apple Sausage (organic), English creamed peas

~Thursday~
Swiss cheese/green onion omelet, red potato hashbrowns
Pumpkin Waffles (never posted, but I will!), fruit salad

~Friday~
Steel-cut Nutty Oats, fruit
Lazy Chile Rellenos Casserole, Muffins (Mandie's choice)

~Saturday~
Kodiak pancakes
Grilled hamburgers, baked beans

It seems that Old Man Winter has decided to grace us with his presence this week. For me, it's too little, too late, so I've taken matters into my own hands. I'm going to try a little reverse psychology by dragging out the barbecue. I'll let you know if it works! ☺

For more meal planning ideas, visit Menu Mondays at Organizing Junkie.





No comments: