Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Idle Hands? Not Me!

So, you may be wondering, if you have absolutely nothing better to do, which I'm sure you do, so maybe you weren't really wondering after all, and it was just my over-active imagination....

...oh, wait. Where was I?

While oxycodone has been my best friend for the last couple of days, I've noticed that it's really a one-way friendship. I love it. It doesn't love me back.

Oxycodone makes me stupid.

AnD dIzZy.

But mostly stupid.

You see, on the meds, I can't really seem to make my body listen to my brain. My brain says, "Move your left foot forward", and my body responds with a little twitch and a spasm. Eventually, it can be persuaded to move forward, but that's after half of the household rushes to my rescue. I can't be sure, but there may have been some prodding involved.

It is now day 4, post surgery, and I feel as if weeks have passed me by. After all, Christmas is just around the corner and I am not prepared! 

So, I did what all good Momma's do when behind schedule.

I panicked.

Before I show you some of what I've been working on, I feel it is my moral obligation to tell you to pay attention to the warning labels on medication bottles.

When they say, "Do not operate machinery while taking this product", they mean it.

They could be talking about vehicles. But personally, I believe this warning is directed to people who operate sewing machines.

 
After spending an entire afternoon piecing, ironing and pinning the binding for a baby quilt I've been working on, I realized that every other piece was on backwards.

Actually, I wouldn't have noticed it at all if my daughter hadn't stated the obvious.

It was a test. She passed.

So, day 2 was spent ripping apart the binding.

Try using a seam ripper while on narcotics.

After my fingers were properly bandaged up, I decided to bag the binding until I was coherent enough to notice the obvious, and moved onto another project.

Apron #1

Apron #2

Apron #3

As long as my boys don't mind flowers and aprons, I may be further along on my Christmas shopping than I thought!

1 comment:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Such a bummer on the binding....I can't stand taking things out...esp binding!
The aprons are beautiful though. I especially LOVE #1!