Sunday, November 14, 2010

MPM 11/15/10


Can you believe that the next meal plan will have a Thanksgiving menu on it?

Good gravy, where did the time go?

Speaking of gravy, this week, I'll be making broths. (How was that for a segue?) Currently, I have a beef bone broth in the crockpot, which will be followed with a chicken broth.

And, speaking of chicken, we now have some in the freezer. Complete with feet. Yes. I said feet. As gross as that sounds, they're supposed to make a very rich, gelatinous broth. Of course, I can't add them until the coast is clear of nosy family members. They may have issues with feet in the soup.

Who am I kidding? I may have issues with feet in my soup.

Our week of soups went over well. In fact, there were some definite highlights to the week. Specifically, the Corn & Bacon Chowder. Oh yum. I had to "tweak" the recipe some, but it has found itself on our favorites list. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, so in order to share the recipe, I am going to have to make it again.

It's a sacrifice, but I'm willing to make it.

It's time to add to my recipe box, so this week I'll be trying a lot of new dishes. Most of the ingredients for these I already had laying around. Should be fun! 

Here's what else is cooking this week...

~Monday~
Steel Cut Nutty Oats (new)
Meatloaf, Buttermilk biscuits, Coleslaw

~Tuesday~
Apple Cinnamon Biscuits (new)
Corn & Bacon Chowder
Venison Stroganoff w/ brown rice noodles (new), Broccoli salad

~Wednesday~
Cornmeal Pancakes w/ Lumberjack Prune Syrup (new)
Leftover Chowder

~Thursday~
Scrambled eggs w/ venison sausage
Meatloaf sandwiches on Sourdough, apples
Chili Relleno Casserole (new), Banana Bread Muffins (new) w/ yogurt cheese

~Friday~
Apple Coffeecake (new)
Chili Nachos on homemade corn tortilla chips
Baked Spaghetti w/ brown rice pasta, steamed broccoli

~Saturday~
Daddy's choice ALL DAY!!
Momma is going to a ladies only craft day at church!

~Sunday~
Granola
Spicy Hoppin' John (new), cornbread

Have a blessed week!

No comments: