Sunday, August 15, 2010

MPM 8/16/2010


Well, the computer fairies have shown me some favor. My "issues" with picture loading seems to have resolved itself. For the time being anyway. I'm still not convinced that my blog isn't out to get me, but for now, all is well.

The summer heat has arrived. We've had temperatures hovering around the 100 degree mark for the last couple of days. That means my tomatoes have a fighting chance of actually changing colors! WooHoo! Green is a pretty color, but not on my tomatoes.

Speaking of green...My sister, Erin and I decided to go to the "island" and pick some more blueberries. My 4 year old niece, Anna, decided to help me. She likes green. I reminded her that blueberries are supposed to be blue. She nodded and continued to pick the green ones.

Because green is bootiful Auntie Kim!

Green berries and all, we each ended up with an end-of-the-season flat.

The early peaches, Red Havens, were ready to be picked too, so we headed into the orchard to pick enough to snack on.

Remember all of the rain and cold weather we've had?

The peaches did.

It took a lot of looking, but we finally found enough to take home. Peaches like the sunshine too, so I'm hoping the Alberta's are soaking up a good portion of it!

My sister, Erin, employs oompah-loompah's to climb the trees.

My nieces and nephew decided to "bathe" in the orchard.

They used the antibacterial wipes that were saved for the outhouse!

These will make great smoothies!

Speaking of smoothies...here's what's on the menu for this week!

~Monday~

Soaked Oatmeal w/Blueberries

Fruit Smoothies, turkey breast & whole grain crackers

Summer Curried Chicken Salad

~Tuesday~

Breakfast sausage, toast, grapefruit juice

Black bean burritos

Spinach Chicken Salad (still new!)

~Wednesday~

Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes w/ Blueberry Maple Syrup (new)

Strawberry/Peach Slushies, whole grain crackers & raw cheese

Gorgonzola, Walnut, Grape & Rice Salad

~Thursday~

Soaked Oatmeal w/blueberries

Turkey sandwiches on whole grain bread, fruit

Broccoli salad, Chicken/Apple Sausages, cornbread

~Friday~

cold cereal (early appointments!)

Chef Salad

Elk steak, oven-roasted red potatoes, fresh green beans (!)

~Saturday~

Yogurt & berries, toast w/almond butter

Hot dogs (organic/nitrite free), lacto-fermented sauerkraut

Lazy Chiles Rellenos, corn tortillas, garden salad

For more meal-planning ideas, visit Menu Mondays at The Organized Junkie.

2 comments:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Glad everything is back to normal on your blog...at least temporarily! :) Those peaches look great!

Unknown said...

We tried the strawberry/peach smoothies yesterday ~ Yum! They were a hit! I added Almond milk to thin them out a little... the oompah loompah's like to slurp their smoothies through a straw!