Monday, July 19, 2010

MPM 7/19/10

I'm in a hurry to get things done,
I rush and rush until life's no fun.
All I really gotta to do is live and die,
but I'm in a hurry and don't know why.
~Alabama, country music group

I'm more of a "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" kind of gal, but lately have dubbed Alabama's song as my mantra.

Because it's summertime.

Because my Mister has 3 weeks off.

Because school is on hold.

Because we have a nasty toilet leak in one of our closets.

Because we have 12 hungry youth from out of state crashing at our house on their way to a Christian music festival.

Because 'when it rains, it pours'.


We decided to do a major remodel of our kitchen. In order to accomplish this, we need to remove one of the bathrooms behind the kitchen to add another 8 feet to it. This allows us a little wiggle room and a nice sized pantry. Currently, our pantry is spread out in various closets throughout the house.

That's it. Just a kitchen remodel.

But because we're losing a bathroom, the 3 others needed updating.

And there lies the problem.

The proverbial can of worms has been opened.

There's no going back.

So, because of our ridiculously huge remodel, I will not be spending any time in the kitchen this week.

So, here's what's cooking this week~courtesy of my beloved daughters...

~Monday~
Spaghetti, Garlic bread

~Tuesday~
Cheese Tortellini Pesto Salad (from last week), fruit salad

~Wednesday~
Chicken Satay Noodle Salad

~Thursday~
Grilled Hamburgers, Macaroni Salad

~Friday~
Meatloaf, Macaroni & Cheese, Green beans

~Saturday~
Taco Salad

Breakfasts will be cold cereal, lunches will be leftovers and sandwiches.

Did I mention that my granddaughter, Madison, is spending the week with us?

Of course, there will be plenty of playtime and snuggles in our days too!
For more menu planning ideas, visit The Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday!

1 comment:

inadvertent farmer said...

My hubby in all his infinite good timing decided to remodel our only bathroom when I was 9+ months pregnant with our 2nd son. He even went so far as to rip out the floor, thus the toilet. I spent a whole weekend waddling down to the grocery store to use the restroom.

That was 22 years ago and I'm still trying to decided whether to forgive him or not!

I feel your pain and have fun! Kim