Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tea Party Roll-ups

Recently I got to attend a tea party. Not the kind where you make polite sipping noises while drinking pretend tea in plastic cups, but the kind where you purposely dangle your pinky and the person sitting next to you isn't made of polyester with a Made in China tag on their back.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I've found that my stuffed friends aren't very good conversationalists.
And they don't bring good food to share.

A lovely human lady, named Lisa, brought these wraps and happily shared her recipe with me. For a simple supper, potluck or tea party, these are great little finger foods.

And because I can't leave well-enough alone, I've included a second version using more nourishing ingredients.
 
Finger Wraps #1
 
1 pkg. 10-inch tomato/basil tortillas (or spinach)
2- 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1 red pepper, diced
1 can black olives, chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
 
Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise and dressing mix together. Add red pepper, olives and celery and mix well.
 
Evenly spread mixture on tortillas.
 


Now, roll them up! Using a sharp knife, slice them into 1-2 inch pieces.


 
Finger Wraps #2
 
6-8 sourdough tortillas
2 cups yogurt cheese
1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise (I'll be posting my recipe later this week)
3 different vegetables, that are in season, finely chopped
 
Mix, spread, roll, slice, and enjoy!

 

No comments: