Sunday, May 23, 2010

MPM 5/23


Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out....

Well I guess this proves that I survived last week.

That is good to know because there was some doubt.

I'm still working on Dakota's scrapbook; it is coming along nicely. I'm hoping that he won't notice the tear stains...

My Mister and I enjoyed the Tim McGraw concert Friday night. I discovered that, in traffic, I am not brave. There is absolutely no chance, ever, of me ever moving to a big city. Ever.

After getting home after 1 a.m., my honey and I got up early and went to the farmer's market. There we scored some beautiful lettuces and 3 really nice zucchini. In a couple of months, zucchini will be a noxious weed that cannot be destroyed. Our neighbors will eventually shun us for leaving multiple "gifts" on their front porches...but right now, this zucchini is a gift.

We picked up our bees today. God graced us with heavy rains during the transition. Which means that the bees were pretty mellow. Translation: we didn't get stung while moving them to their new home. My son was kind enough to document our experience with pictures. Scary pictures, which I'll share tomorrow. Prepare yourself.

In the meantime, here's what's on the menu this week...

Monday
~Soaked Oatmeal w/blueberries
~Peanut butter & honey sandwiches, tortilla chips/salsa
~Zucchini Frittata, farmer's market salad

Tuesday
~Pennsylvania Dutch Baked Oatmeal
~GF Carrot Muffins (new), fruit smoothies
~Pinto bean & cheese burritos, lacto-fermented salsa, farmer's market salad

Wednesday
~Speltcakes w/fruit
~Homemade tomato soup, cheese & crackers
~Red Beans & Rice (new), cornbread

Thursday
~Apple Pan Goody
~GF Carrot Muffins, fruit smoothies
~Pasta salad (brown rice pasta), baked chicken

Friday
~Fried eggs & toast
~Berry/Peach slushies, toasted cheese sandwiches
~White Chicken Chili (new/carried over from last week), farmer's market salad

Saturday
~Granola
~leftovers
~Homemade Chili/Cheese Hamburger Helper (new), farmer's market veggies (?)

Sunday
~Granola
~Simple Supper Sunday (to be determined on the way home from church!)

For more menu ideas, visit The Organizing Junkie.

No comments: