Sunday, May 30, 2010

Each week, I note that another week has gone by. Who knew that those weeks would pass by and add up to a year. Another year.

Today is my birthday. I am now 43 years young. Most days I don't feel my age at all.

Most days, I feel...44.

In dog years, I'd be dead.

So, I'm going to embrace 43.

And thank God that I am not a dog.


In other news, I received a phone call from my daughter, Tia, who lives on the east coast. In early 2011, I will become a "Nana" for the third time!

Yes, I will embrace 43. It is looking to be a very good year.

Here's what's on the menu this week...

~Breakfasts~
*Pennsylvania Dutch Baked Oatmeal
*Cranberry/Orange Muffins
*Fried eggs & toast
*Speltcakes w/ fruit
*Soaked Oatmeal
*Homemade granola

~Lunches~
Smoothies, leftovers, Pb & J sandwiches, Maple/Walnut Scones, homemade tomato soup

~Dinners~
*Baked Dijon Chicken (new), Lima beans, roasted asparagus
*Baked salmon, Herbed Quinoa (new), farmer's market salad w/ citrus dressing (new)
*Barbecued meatballs, sweet potato fries, kraut
*Peanut & Sesame Noodles, steamed broccoli
*Homemade Sloppy Joe Burger Bites on Biscuits (new), farmer's market salad
*Lentil burritos, farmer's market salad
*Simple Supper Sunday

*I am still planning our meals around what I find at the farmer's market. Spring greens, carrots, zucchini, leeks, thinned sweet onions, asparagus, and sweet potatoes made the list this week. And because of the holiday weekend, (and the rain), the market vendors were few. I still feel like I scored big! One of the things that I've added back into our groceries though, is citrus. In the Pacific Northwest, we cannot grow lemons, limes, grapefruits or oranges, no matter how hard we try. I did manage to find all four items with labels from California.

No passport required.

For more menu ideas, visit The Organizing Junkie!

5 comments:

Millie said...

Happy Birthday!
And congrats on being Nana again.

I look forward to our farmer's market opening. I think it will open at the end of July...

Kym-Anne said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Hope you had a wonderful day and got spoilt rotten :)

Big congrats on being a Nana again, you must be so excited.
Have a great day!

Cindy said...

Monday...... menu planning monday...... OK, I'll work in it (NOT!) Really, I'm headed out to the garden again :)

OK, I'll lift my sisters menu and pretend I did one :)

Congrats Nana. You look awesome! Keep it up.

Unknown said...

I'm laughing at Cindy's comment. Glad I'm not the only one to lift menus from her sister. Thanks sis! Looks yummy:)

blank said...

Happy Birthday Kim! You are a beautiful young woman! Every day we are given gifts to enjoy. Make the most of them!

Congrats on being a new Nana!