Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Walk on the Beach

Today has been busier than usual.


I'll refer to it as "Catch-up Tuesday".


My husband will refer to it as "The Demasculation of a Man" day.


He wanted to build fences today. I needed to grocery shop.


And buy bras.


Guess who won?


Since the mood of the house has gone from, "the sun is shining, what can we do outside" to one of mourning for a rare and ultimately lost day of fence-building, I thought I'd share some pictures of happier days.


The days of no responsibilities, no children and no grocery shopping.


That would be last weekend. An already distant memory.



The day after a huge storm blew through.


See Mom smile.


See Dad smile.


See the weird foam that was all over the beach.


Looks like snow. I'm going to pretend it is.



We took this picture so that the kids could research the other people who traveled along the coast with Lewis and Clark.


How weird are we?



We have no idea who these people are, but we loved the picture of a mom and child taking a walk through the snowy foam.


Notice that the sky is blue?


Yep. It quit raining for our trip back home.


God has a sense of humor.



1 comment:

Mountain Home Quilts said...

Oh my, a weekend free of responsibilities? Can't wait till hubby and I can do that too- maybe in like 10 years??
Hope that hubby wasn't too upset about the bras over fence thing. :)