Monday, February 8, 2010

Thai Peanut & Sesame Noodles



I love Thai food. I love peanuts. I love noodles. I love...this dish!

Well, try and draw the line at actually eating the dish. Stick with the noodles. They're filling enough.

But it is okay to lick the dish.

Warning: To prevent accidental over-eating, use chopsticks.



Thai Peanut & Sesame Noodles

2 cups cooked, whole wheat spaghetti noodles
1 Tb. toasted sesame oil
3 Tb. smooth, natural peanut butter (I used Adam's)
1 Tb. fresh ginger, chopped fine
1 t. red pepper flakes
3 Tb. hot water
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tb. tamari or soy sauce (I used low-sodium)
1 Tb. red wine vinegar
1/3 cup sliced green onions
toasted sesame seeds
Optional garnish: lime slices, chopped peanuts, bean sprouts

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Don't let them overcook! Drain. Combine sesame oil, peanut butter, ginger, red pepper flakes, hot water, garlic, tamari/soy sauce, vinegar, and sliced onions in bowl. Whisk well. Mix noodles with peanut sauce. Serve on individual plates. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve with lime slice and chopped peanuts. Serves 4.

This is a meal all by itself, but different meats can be added for more protein. Cooked chicken, pork and shrimp are all great in this. Make extra though, you'll want this the next day!


Nutritional information

Calories: 209

Fat: 11 g.

Carbohydrates: 23 g.

Protein: 8 g.



*I stayed in my target calorie range today, consuming only 1300 calories. It was actually a little less, but I did lick the plate. And the bowl.

No comments: