Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Crockpot...uh-oh..

So, today has been a little off. I feel like a newborn deer who hasn't quite found her balance today. Ever have a day like that?

I had planned for Crockpot Wednesday a Pork loin braised in a milk sauce. It looks heavenly.

In the picture.

Unfortunately, that's as far as I got. You see, when I work on menu plans, I simultaneously work on my grocery list. You know, "git er done" mode.

Apparently, my git er done, done got up and left. I dropped the ball. Missed the mark. Forgot to buy the ingredients for the recipe.

Oops.

Soooooooooo, next week, we'll be having the Pork Loin braised in a creamy milk sauce with a side of Tomato-spinach orzo.

Tonight, we're having spaghetti.

However, the sauce was a crockpot recipe that I borrowed from The Nourishing Gourmet and froze for later use. Today qualifies for later. Try it, it's delicious!




If you double the sauce, use 1/2 and freeze the rest for one of those "oops" moments!

I had planned on making Cranberry muffins today for lunch. But it requires a food processor that works. Mine had a little 14-year-old-boy accident. No worries though, instead of cranberry muffins, we'll be having these. No food processor required!




Couple of side notes...Yesterday, I blogged about contentment. This morning, I woke up to this.






It's hard to not feel content with this as a wake-up serenade.








No comments: